Easy Peasy Lemon Drizzle Cake
225g caster sugar
275g self raising flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 eggs (eek! eggs are precious!)
4 tablespoons milk
finely grated rind of 2 lemons
175g granulated sugar
juice of 2 lemons
You will need: A deep tin roughly 30cmx23cm
1.Line the tin with baking paper or just grease it with margarine.
2. Preheat the oven to 160c or 325f
3. put all ingredients in a bowl and beat well for about 2 mins.
4 Put mixture in tin and level the top gently
5. Bake for 35-40 mins until it springs back when you press gently on the top.
6. Allow to cool for a few minutes then mix the sugar and lemon juice in a bowl and pour over.
7. Cut into squares and eat (not all at once!)