The Big Idea
Plants are living things – they grow when we give them enough sunlight, food and water. Plants give us food to eat, clean air to breathe and materials to build our houses and furniture. We can use plants to make clothes and medicines, and to decorate our gardens.
Over the next few weeks, we are going to ﬁnd out how to look after plants. We will even be growing our own plants for a Flower Show at our school!
In Science, we’ll be ﬁnding out:
- About plants that grow in our local area
- About the different parts of a plant
- What plants need in order to grow
- How to care for a plant
In Technology, we’ll be ﬁnding out:
- How to make a watering device
In Geography, we’ll be ﬁnding out:
- About plants that grow in other countries
In International, we’ll be ﬁnding out:
- How people in different countries use plants
- If eating more plants could make a difference to the world