We have had a great and snowy week this week in Oak Class! It was lovely to see the flurries this morning whilst we were rehearsing our extravaganza in the hall!
This week we have continued to use the Great Fire of London as a stimulus for our learning. We have concentrated on sentence structure, applying our sounds to unfamiliar words and also learned what a compound word is! We created some lovely learning based on this and will use it next week in our writing.
In Maths this week we have continued to look at 2D and 3D shapes. We have looked at finding the line of symmetry in a vertical line and also sorting 2D shapes based on their properties. We have continued to practice our times tables weekend and have focused on our 10 times table this week.
- This week we have looked at understanding how changes beyond and within living memory affect our lives today. We have looked at what we learned from the Great Fire of London and the impact on the how houses are now built.
- We linked our history to our science this week were we conducted a simple investigation to see how the shapes of solid objects could be changed. We have a variety of objects which we tested to see if we could bend, twist, stretch or squash them and then recorded our findings in a table.
- We have also continued to look at our own physical and mental health in our PSHE lessons with a focus on how germs can spread this week. We looked at the importance of washing our hands and when we should be doing this.
- KS1 perform their play to all their adults on Tuesday 5th December 2023. Year 1 parents are invited to the 09:30 performance and year 2 to the 14:30 performance. We can't wait to welcome you :)
- Christmas cards - it is that time of year where some people choose to bring in Christmas cards to give to others. We are encouraging children to post their cards in the post boxes around the school for the elves to deliver! Please ensure your child writes the name and class of the person they want to receive their card.
- Friday the 8th of December Oak Class are visiting St Martin's church for some workshops to learning about the Christian festival of Christmas. We will not be taking part in any worship during this visit. Please ensure that your child has a warm coat, hat, scarf and gloves for the trip as we will be walking there. We leave at 13:15 and will be back before the end of the day.